Our Quarantine Grocery Must-Haves! 🥔🥑🥖🥦🥒🥬🌶🌽🍅🍓🥥🍍🥕
COVID-19 is kicking the world's arse, and as we know, we all need to do our bit for the community we live in by social distancing. This is our must-have list of groceries to survive social-distancing & quarantine. Stay healthy fellow Vego's! 💚🌱
1. Beans. Canned or dried (dried is better for your buck, but I prefer canned because I’m LAZY). Get yourself a good selection, kidney, black, chickpeas etc.
2. Lentils. Great for stews, soups, nachos, wraps & salads to name a few.
3.Whole grains. A perfect interchangeable ingredient!
4.Root vegetables. Potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, beetroot, parsnips for starchy satisfaction.
5. Onions & garlic. I use these bad boys in nearly every single dish I make and honestly feel lost without them. Chop them up and freeze them for easy access.
6. Frozen fruit and veg - a freezer staple!
7. Canned tomatoes – pizza, pasta, bolognese, chilli, so many recipes!
8. Plant-based milk – our favourite is Oat, hands down.
9. Nuts & seeds. For snack attacks and to add into your dishes (holler cashew strifry).
10. Wholegrain bread – great fresh and also freezes easily.
11. Tortillas – wrap, wrap, wrap it up!
12. Condiments & spices – black pepper, salt, cumin, cayenne, paprika, garlic powder, vinegar, mustard, ketchup.
Get those groceries from your favourite online delivery supermarket folks, and happy eating!
Inspiration & credit for this post goes to Forks Over Knives (www.forksoverknives.com), one of my favourite sites, check them out fellow herbivores! 🦕