Roasted Veggie Soup with Sourdough Garlic Toast😍
With all the delicious veggies I bought yesterday, they were just crying out for a good seasoning, roasting, and blending into a warm and hearty soup.🤗🌶️🍅
You can literally feel the vitamins pulsing through you💪😍! My husband couldn’t get enough of it (hurray for me – level up vegan chef!), and I served it up with garlic sourdough toast. Which I cremated a little. JUST a little though. 😅😬
Here’s what you’ll need:
For the soup:
· 8 medium-sized tomatoes
· 1 large red capsicum pepper (remove seeds) 1 large orange capsicum pepper (remove seeds)
· 5 small yellow jalapenos (keep the seeds in)
· 5 cloves garlic (halved)
· 1 tbsp dried oregano
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· 2 cups of not-chicken stock (we used Better Than bouillon No-Chicken Base)
· Salt & pepper to taste
For the bread:
· Sour Dough sliced bread (we used Baker Street)
· 4 tbsp of olive oil
· 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
· 1 tsp of dried oregano
· Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200 Celsius or 400 Fahrenheit.
2. Halve the tomatoes & jalapenos, quarter up the peppers and halve or slice the garlic.
3. Toss the jalapenos, capsicum and garlic in oil with oregano, salt and pepper.
4. Place all the veg on a large baking tray, pop the garlic on top of the veg. Sprinkle toms with some oregano, salt and pepper (the rest will already have been seasoned).
5. For the garlic bread, combine all ingredients and give it a good mix ready for spreading on the toast.
6. Cook for 15 minutes, turn veg over and cook for another 15 minutes. When the veg is nicely browning, pop the kettle on and make the stock!
7. Move the veg to the bottom shelf and stick the grill on. Toast one side of the bread & remove, add the garlic/oil mix on the untoasted side and pop it back in. KEEP AN EYE ON THEM as they brown quickly! 😅
8. Throw all contents of baking tray into a blender and go for it. Add the stock gradually until you’ve found the perfect consistency for you. (You may prefer chunky or smooth).
9. Serve with the garlic toast and enjoy! YUM. 🤤
Enjoy fellow Vego's!! 💚🌱