Spicy Sausage & Bean Casserole😍
This was very much a ‘throw it all together’ kinda meal which turned out to be an absolute triumph of a dish🤤. We served it in wraps with a cucumber, tomato and onion salad, and baby potatoes on the side, but this could easily be eaten in a warm bowl with some crusty bread or toast. So 👏 Good 👏.
Here’s what you’ll need:
· 5-6 Vegan Sausages - (whatever is your favourite)
· 1 can of chickpeas (rinsed)
· ½ can of kidney beans (rinsed)
· ½ can of sweetcorn (drained)
· 1 can of chopped tomatoes
· 1 white onion, chopped
· 1 green capsicum, chopped
.1 red chilli pepper (seeds in for more heat)
· 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
· 1tsp olive oil
· Tbsp cumin
· Tbsp paprika
· Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 190 Celsius or 375 Fahrenheit
2. Mix chickpeas with oil, cumin and paprika, place chickpeas on a baking pan and roast for 15-20 minutes.
3. In a frying pan, fry onions, garlic, chilli and capsicum until soft, place these aside.
4. Take out chickpeas from the oven, add kidney beans and sweetcorn. Mix together thoroughly and return to oven for another 15 minutes
5. Slice the sausages and fry lightly until browned.
6. Throw it all together with the can of chopped tomatoes in a saucepan, and simmer on a low heat for 5-10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with warm toast or crusty bread, or with a cold fresh salad and wraps. 😍💚🌱