Stuffed Mexican Style Peppers with Nacho's 🌶️😍
Such an easy veganize of the BV stuffed peppers we used to make. So scrumptious, with added nachos for that much-appreciated crunch. This could easily be a weekly dinner in our household, packed full of flavours, beans & veggies. Super easy, throw all the ingredients in the pot and stuff those peppers! 🤩💚🤩💚🤩
This recipe yielded six medium to large-sized capsicums (peppers).
On the side, we used El Sabor chilli nacho chips, sriracha sauce (I got through bottles and bottles of the stuff 😍), and as we had a jar of El Paso salsa, we used that as a side too.
Top tip: If the capsicum is a wee bit wobbly, use tin foil to create a base to help it stand up.
What you'll need:
· 6 large peppers – pick your colour, we like the red or orange as they are sweeter
· Half a bag of Tesco’s Meat Free Mince (or any vegan mince brand)
· 1 small-medium onions, finely diced
· 2 large red jalapenos, de-seeded & finely diced
· Can of canned tomatoes
. ½ a can of Sweetcorn
½ a can of Red Kidney Beans
· ¾ cup of white rice (uncooked)
· 4 cloves Crushed Garlic
· 3 Tbsp of Tomato Puree
· 2 Tbsp of Cumin
· 2 Tbsp of Paprika
· 1 Tbsp of Garlic Salt
· 1 Tbsp of Cayenne Pepper (adjust this to your taste, the more, the spicier)
· 1 Tsp of Garlic Powder
· 1 Tsp of Onion Powder
.Salt & Pepper for taste
. Sprinkling of vegan cheese
Lazy chef hack - sack off the dry spices and use a pre-made chilli mix… just sayin’…🤷♀️
1. Get the rice on, usually, fo white rice, it's double the water for the amount of rice. Make sure you rinse the rice to stop it stodging up and flavour the water with plenty of salt. It'll take about 18 minutes.
2. Saute the onions and garlic in either oil or a splash of water (if you're trying to eliminate oil).
3. Add the chopped Jalapeno's
4. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 Fahrenheit.
4. Once they've softened, add the mince and saute.
5. Add all the spices - (or the packet spice mix...hehehehe).
6. Add the chopped tomatoes & tomato paste, sweetcorn, kidney beans, and cooked rice - mix thoroughly.
7. Chop the tops of the capsicums, de-seed, and stuff with the mix.
8. Pop in the oven for 25 minutes, sprinkle the cheese on top and return to oven for another 5.
Serve with crunchy nachos & salsa! YUUUUM. 👏🤤
Doha folk - we found Tesco's mince in ShopRite at Gate Mall 🤗