The best Cashew Cheese Sauce yet...elevate your Primo Veg Packed Lasagna...👏👏👏
A huge shoutout to Instagrammer @myblissfuljourneyblog for hands down the best cashew cheese sauce recipe I've tried. This lasagna, was the most amazing one we've done yet, I don't mean to toot my own horn, but TOOT TOOT🤤💚. I'm actually 100% positive I could trick a non--vegan into thinking it was real....(future post possibility??)🧐.
Now, for the lasagna recipe, the ingredients seem super long, but, use that blender to cut all your veg (pulse..don't mush), and it literally cuts prep time down and really just means throwing it all together at the end. For the final layer of the lasagna (pasta, red sauce, cheese sauce), I added bread crumbs on top and some fresh slices of juicy toms, sprinkled with oregano. The breadcrumbs give the most wonderful crunch!🤤😍
Here's what you'll need
For the cheese sauce:
2 cups of soaked cashews
1 cup of water
1/3 cup of nooch (nutritional yeast)
1/2 tsp of turmeric
1 minced garlic clove
1 tsp yellow mustard
pinch of cayenne pepper & Himalayan black salt
1. Throw all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooooooooth and creamy.
For the lasagna
2 chilli peppers (large)
8 cloves of garlic
2 fresh tomatoes
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 can passata
half a punnet of mushrooms
1 tbsp of Oregano
1 tsp of onion powder
1 tsp of garlic powder
2tbsp of bread crumbs
Salt & pepper to taste
Vegan mince (we used Tesco's)
1. Fry chopped onions in large saucepan
2. BLEND (but don't mush it), the rest of the veg and throw it in. How easy is that?!🤪
3. Add the mashed garlic, passata, chopped toms and herbs/spices and let marinate for 20 mins. Top tip - add the mashed garlic at a later stage instead of frying it with the onion for a more garlicky flavour.
4. Meanwhile, fry off vegan mince and add to mixture. Let marinate while you do your cheese sauce.
5. Sauce done.✅
6. Layer time!!!
7. Red Sauce, Cheese Sauce, Pasta and repeat. Bake at 180Celsius for 4o mins.
8. Sprinkle breadcrumbs and add fresh tom slices with Oregano on the top.
Enjoy my fellow Vego's, this is my fav dish so far!!!!💚🌱